Call for Expressions of Interest
Northern BC Crime Stoppers Society is requesting expressions of interest for new additions to the Board of Directors. Northern BC Crime Stoppers Society is a non-profit organization operated by a Board of Directors made up of citizens with a wide variety of backgrounds that share one thing in common: we want to live in a community that is as safe and secure as possible. We invite you to contribute to solving crime within the Northern BC region.
Crime Stoppers is an internationally recognized community-based crime solving program. Locally the Prince George Crime Stoppers Association was formed in 1985 to serve the city of Prince George. In October 2020, Prince George Crime Stoppers changed its name to Northern BC Crime Stoppers Society and now serves over 30 communities in Northern BC, north to the Yukon Border, south to Williams Lake, west to Smithers and east to the Alberta border.
Board Member Job Description
As a Board Member you will play a critical role in the planning and implementation of Crime Stoppers programs. General Board responsibilities are:
1. Is a member of the Board.
2. Understand and demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission and programs.
3. Stay informed about committee matters and keep up to date with issues and trends that affect the organization.
4. Prepare for meetings by reading agendas, minutes, reports and other documentation required to actively participate in them.
5. Contribute skills and knowledge by participating actively in meetings.
6. Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments and committee work.
7. Is an active participant in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
8. Participates in fund raising for the organization.
Commitment of Time
- Ten monthly board meetings for the year (we do not meet in July or August).
- Periodic committee work related to various events and activities of Crime Stoppers.
- Participation in occasional community and fundraising events.
- Preparation for board meetings.